Our club is run by volunteers without who we would not be able to offer our swimmers the opportunities that we currently do. Our committee, who make sure that the club is safe and effective, and our volunteer coaches put in many hours each week to offer the best service that we can to our members.
The club is at a point where a small number of regular volunteers do the majority of the work, which is unsustainable. We now need to ask you if you would like to join the team and volunteer with us. There are a number of vacancies available, some of which will need a regular and more involved commitment, and others, like an events volunteer, where only a few hours are required.
We would ask that you take a couple of minutes to have a look at each of the areas we need support with to see if you would be able to help out. Without volunteers our club cannot run so any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
If you would like any more information on them, including role descriptions for committee positions, please contact Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective communication is vital within the club and outside to celebrate our achievements and raise our profile. We are looking for a:
· Communication Officer to sit on the committee and help us design and lead on our internal and external communications plan, with the support of the committee members.
· Web manager to work with the communications officer to keep the website up to date (non-committee position).
· PR/ social media officer working with the communications officer to help the club raise its profile and keep our members up to date with club developments and achievements (non-committee position).
2. Fund raising and sponsorship
Our membership fees cover the majority of the clubs expenses, however, fundraising is essential to make sure that the club can be the very best we can be for our members. We are looking for a:
· Fundraising and Sponsorship Officer to sit on the committee and help us design and lead on an annual fundraising plan and helps us gain sponsorship for targeted activities/ events. They will be supported by the committee and the fundraising team.
· Fundraising team to support the fundraising and sponsorship officer to deliver by helping organise and deliver fundraising activity (non-committee positions)
We currently run our mini galas for our youngest swimmers and a club gala twice a year for all members. Now that we are in the new pool, we have the chance to run external competitions to offer additional opportunities for our swimmers to compete, and to help raise funds for the club. We are looking for a:
· Events officer to sit on the committee and lead on the club competitions. This will involve, with the support of the committee and events team, having an oversight of each event, organising volunteers and officials, paperwork and swimmer rewards/ medals.
· Events team to support the events officer to run all the club competitions. This could involve (amongst other things) volunteering on poolside, helping with paperwork, managing results, officiating (non-committee positions).
4. Club Secretary
The Club Secretary is key to the smooth running of the club. They provide a main point of contact for administration, information and communication. We are looking for a club secretary who will sit on the committee and:
· To act as a main point of contact for the club.
· To manage the day-to-day running and administration of the club including all internal and external correspondence.
· To organise committee meetings and AGMs, prepare agendas, take minutes, and distribute and communicate these as appropriate.
5. Welfare officer (male)
The welfare officer role is essential in supporting Sarah Watson, our very experienced welfare officer to provide a first point of contact for children, parents and adults within the club who have a child safeguarding or welfare concern. Swim England good practice asks that clubs have both a male and female welfare officer, so this volunteer will need to be male.