Sat, 04 Jun|
Ponteland Leisure Centre
Age groups 8yrs & under, 9yrs, 10yrs, 11yrs, 12yrs & over
Time & Location
04 Jun 2022, 13:15 GMT-7
Ponteland Leisure Centre, Ponteland Leisure Centre, Callerton Ln, Ponteland, Newcastle upon Tyne NE20 9EG, UK
About the event
Arrival - 1.15pm for registration
Warm-up at 1.45pm
- Parents/Carers are not allowed in the changing rooms unless their swimmer is under 8yrs.
- There will be a volunteer at the changing room doors to sign your swimmer in. If you arrive before the volunteer is at the changing room entrance, please wait. It is important that we have signed you in.
- Once changed, swimmers should line up at the entrance onto poolside.
- Swimmers will be directed to where they will be seated for the gala.
- Swimmers must have with them a towel, water bottle, MASC swim hat, poolside top/T-shirt to wear on poolside and goggles (it is good practice to have a spare hat and goggles as this is essential when they progress to licensed meets in the future).
- Heat Declared Winners (HDW)– this means there are no finals, the winner is the swimmer with the fastest time in their age group/sex regardless if the swimmer swam in the first heat or last heat.
- Swimmers will be in heats with other swimmers in the same age group (age at Dec 31st 2022).
- Disqualification frequently happens in swimming. Even the best swimmers get disqualified from time to time. Please see this as a chance for your swimmer to improve.
- At the end of the gala, please wait outside the changing room until your swimmer is signed out. You can enter the changing rooms if your swimmer is under 8yrs but you must let the changing room volunteer know when you leave so we can sign out your child.
- There will be a short break toward the end of the gala when a raffle will be drawn and results collated. Medals will be presented to the fastest 6 boy/girl swimmers in each age group/event.
- We aim to be finished by 4 pm but this depends on the number of entries. We understand that this is the first competition for many of our younger swimmers.
- The only expectation is that they try their best and enjoy the event.
- Please queue at the entrance to the first floor spectating area until we are ready to open the doors.
- There will be a small charge for spectating: £2 - Adults, No charge for children. We can only accept cash so please have the correct money.
- A programme will be available to buy for an additional 50p.
- Raffle tickets will be sold at £1 per strip.